Jump Start Tutoring, Inc.
- PSAT – test preparation and diagnostic exams
- SAT – test preparation and diagnostic exams
- ACT – test preparation and diagnostic exams
- SAT II – subject tests
- GRE/GMAT – graduate level tutoring
- AP Courses
- Essay Writing
- College admissions essays
- College admission preparation
- Reading remediation
- Private School Exam Preparation (ISEE/SSAT/TACHS/HSPT/COOP)
- College Admission Preparation
- K-12 Subjects available includes:
- Math all levels: Calculus A/B-B/C, Math regents exams
- Science all levels: Biology, Earth Science, Chemistry, Physics
- History all levels: U.S., Government, World and regents exams
- English all levels: Reading, Writing, Grammar, Literature
- Foreign Languages: Italian, Spanish, French, Latin
- College Level course includes:
- Math, Science, History, English, and Foreign Language courses
- Nursing School Entrance Exam Preparation
- Computer and Technology Instruction includes:
- Email, internet, Microsoft Office
We offer discounts for small groups of students preparing for any exam. Students must be of similar ability levels.
*maximum group size is 3
Proctored Actual SAT/ACT/PSAT/GRE/GMAT/LSAT exams
Exams are typically administered every Sunday from approximately 11am to 4pm. The exams are then graded and reviewed.
*times are subject to change, especially during the summer and holidays
SAT vs. ACT
At Jump Start we are experts at determining the right test for each of our students. We will administer both an actual ACT and SAT exam, look at past high school performance, judge ability, and consider time constraints to determine if one particular test is better than the other for each respective student.
As your child reaches their junior year, you may feel more overwhelmed by the college process than they do. SATs, college visits, letters of recommendation, and college essays make finding and being admitted to the right school seem nearly impossible goals. The information found in this section summarizes the many aspects of college planning, which include college essay writing, subject tests, and the ACTs. It will also give you a better idea of when to begin preparing your son or daughter for exams such as the PSAT and SAT and how much preparation is needed.
Skype and FaceTime Tutoring
At Jump Start, we understand that not every student is always available to come into the office for tutoring. Our remedy for this is Skype or FaceTime! We have video tutoring sessions available for students who need them. Arrangements for these must be made ahead of time with the tutor.
- GET AHEAD OF THE PACK –Prepare for next year’s curriculum
- RETRACE YOUR STEPS –Review difficult material from the previous year
- SUMMER SCHOOL GUIDANCE – Work through summer school
- REGENTS REPEATERS –Prepare for repeating a regents exam
- SAT/ACT/PSAT PREPARATION – Get ready for exams in October, November, December