Study Tips for Back to SchoolSeptember 1, 2019
Not all celebrities were born into stardom: some of them were even part of the college process, like any other American teenager. Here are some SAT and ACT scores from the stars, courtesy of Prep Scholar. How well did they do?
- Marilyn Monroe – Before she was a Hollywood legend Marilyn Monroe scored a 21 on her ACT. She ended up not attending college in favor of pursuing acting, but her score is a reminder of her time before stardom.
- Scarlett Johansson – Another star of the big screen, Scarlett Johansson scored a 1080 on her SAT and she has admitted that the math sections were the most difficult for her. Though she decided not to attend college, Johansson did go to high school and prom with Jack Antonoff, the singer-songwriter responsible for producing some of today’s most famous pop songs Taylor Swift and Lorde.
- Steve Jobs – It’s no surprise that the Apple founder scored high on his college exams. Jobs scored a 32 on his ACT and went on to attend Reed College.
- Bill Gates – Not much of a surprise from the tech mogul, but still very impressive, Bill Gates got a 1560 on his SAT, which helped him get a spot at Harvard University.
- Kesha – The pop star Kesha has been known to have a high IQ along with impressive singing skills. She scored a 1500 on the SAT proving she has both talent and brains.
- Waka Flocka Flame – The rapper Waka Flocka Flame scored an impressive 34 on his ACT and athough he didn’t attend college, he went on to achieve success in the music industry.
- Derek Jeter – Former Yankees star Derek Jeter scored a 1200 on his SAT and went on to attend the University of Michigan.
- Courteney Cox – The Friends star Courteney Cox got 1150 on her SAT and went to Mount Vernon College where she wanted to be an architect before she became the actress that we know today.